[geeks] I HAVE BEEN CORRUPTED

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Mon Apr 15 01:24:29 CDT 2002

On Sun, 2002-04-14 at 22:45, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 01:18:28AM -0400, Big Endian wrote:
> > If it were a properly constructed and designed system for the task,
> > yes.  But the Xbox *IS* a POS.  Its castrated PC hardware stuck in a
> > box with inadequate ventilation, it *CRASHES* just because (I've had
> > console systems freeze on me, but that was *ALWAYS* do to bad
> > media/hardware) they fucked it up.  I just sucks ass.
>
> I fail to see how PC hardware can be any more castrated than it already is.

You haven't looked very hard.

> Further, ignoring the doubtfull wisdom of a HD in the unit, the design
> of the system seems to be somewhat more intelligent than most PCs.  My

But it's not a PC, it's a game console.  Not only that, but it's a
poorly designed game console.  Who's ever heard of a game console where
you -install- the games, other than this POS?

> understanding is that is mainly to be credited to Nvidea.  If nvidea better

The only way that it's "better" is that they soldered everything
together, and tested it in that specific combination a bit more than
usual (3 days of testing, instead of none).  That got a few more
firmware bugs squashed, but didn't change the architecture into
something that was designed, as opposed to slammed together in a couple
of weeks. </rant>
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.