[geeks] galeon Doesn't Suck that much....

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Mon Apr 15 16:07:42 CDT 2002

On 2002.04.15 21:38 Greg A. Woods wrote:

> I think you started at the wrong end.  The generated ./configure
> script is not supposed to be editable -- think of it as object code.

I know. (I extended the configure.in of thttpd, when I wrote the SSL
suport for it.) Usually I started to play with ./configure options, then
regenerate it, then tweaking configure.in, ...

> Without digging deeper I can't be sure of the problem, but at a guess
> I'd think a first attempt to upgrade to a newer version of autoconf
I installed the then current version of autoeverything.

> >From what I've heard GCC is no super-compiler for the Alpha, but if
> it allows you to at least get an application up and running then it
> helps break the problems down into more managable subsets.
GCC is knowen to make bad, or at least suboptimal, code on all RISC
platforms. Installing it to make my live easier is no choice, as I am no
whimp. I _want_ to die hard. ;-)
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen