Bad things happen guy was RE: [geeks] New guitar.

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Mon Apr 15 15:31:22 CDT 2002

Actually I've written several books. As I said in an earlier post I've even
had a few of them published. Unfortunately I've never had the patience to
write a novel and though I may have a big ego (or at least seem to) I don't
think I qualify to write an auto-biography. I haven't done anything
interesting enough for the general public to actually want to buy a book
about me, and I'm not either depressed enough, perky enough, or female
enough ;-) to get over with the Oprah book club "I survived all of this shit
now look at me" crowd.

One thing I am doing, but that's been put on hold for a while is a book with
my father about his Vietnam and post-Vietnam drug and gun smuggling
experiences. Unfortunately my father is in poor health, and the US
government has moved to block much of what we want to say, as well as
preventing us access to certain records and research materials (and refusing
to renew my security clearance, and causing me to lose a 300k a year defence
contract and lots of other very nice little things)

Chris Byrne