[geeks] Re: Hot Climates (was: The word BRITISH and FOOD Do not belong

Gary Nichols gary at linuxforce.org
Mon Apr 15 15:13:39 CDT 2002

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Amy wrote:
> I've seen this sort of thing too many times. Max spent his first summer
> outside--he'd reached the rip/snort/tear stage by summer. Although he
> seemed to not mind the heat (he deals with it by sleeping in the pool of
> water next to the air-conditioning condenser)and he refused to come
> indoors, about once a day he took a flying cannonball leap into our pool
> and swam around a bit.

Bravo - when you have a pool, dogs are happy[tm].  Nothing funnier than
watching the puppies jump in for a swim, come out of the pool and then run
around in circles trying to eat the water coming off their tails.  :-)

> the A/C. He went from rip-snort-tear to lazy, large, and sleepy.

That would be my m.o. if I were a dog.

> As for the dogs-in-cars thing, well, a lot of people need to get some
> brains and buy a convertible or leave their pets at home where it's safe for
> them.  I even have problems with folks who put their dogs in the back of
> their trucks around here--the way most Texans drive it's just not safe. I
> know when i drive Max to the vet he's pretty much hog-tied and seatbelted
> to the frame of my car and i drive extraordinarily careful.

Glad you brought this up - I saw a dog fall out of a moving pickup once
and break a leg.  THE OWNER KEPT GOING even though he slowed down enough
to see that the dog was no longer in the bed of the truck.
Several people pulled over with me and the dog made it to the humane
society okay.

Another instance of rage here - in north Phoenix some EVIL BITCH OF A
WOMAN rolled down the window of her cadillac in moving traffic and threw
a few-weeks-old puppy out the window!!!!  Cars slammed on their breaks and
rushed to the puppy's aid.  A few drove after the woman but lost her.  It
made the news and everything.  I guarantee you that if those guys found
that woman she's be missing fingers (or just missing in general).  What
kind of sick fsck throws a helpless puppy out the damn window?

*Taking a deep breath*