[geeks] Re: Hot Climates (was: The word BRITISH and FOOD Do not belong

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Mon Apr 15 13:33:08 CDT 2002

> Hundreds of dogs, cats, etc die every year because their damn owners lock
> them outside or IN FSCKING CARS.
>
> Uh-oh, I've opened up yet another sore topic with me...

That's a sore topic with me, too.  One time when my wife and I were
getting into our car after visiting a museum he noticed a pickup
with a dog inside.  The windows were slightly cracked, and there
was some shade, but it was still hot (we had just gotten into our
car, which also had the windows slightly cracked and some shade,
and it was still hot).

My wife went to get some cool bottled water to give to the
dog while I called the police.  While we were waiting for
the police the guy came out with his girlfriend.  They were
going to drive away but I told them they'd have to wait until
the police arrived.  The guy was a smart-mouthed teenager.  He
waited for the police (I was holding with the dispatcher at the
time and told him if he wanted to leave talk to the dispatcher
first, which he didn't want to do).  The policeman gave him a
chewing out, but said that since he didn't actually see the
dog locked up he couldn't write a ticket, but that he would
refer the incident to animal control so they could visit the
guy's house and make sure the dog was properly cared for.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net