[geeks] The word BRITISH and FOOD Do not belong in the same sentence.

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Mon Apr 15 12:01:41 CDT 2002

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Gary Nichols wrote:

> True - I always forget about the humidity in Texas.  Here in AZ, it' 100+
> (about 115 in the summer) and ZERO humidity.  It's like living in an oven
> set to 350 degrees.

The sick thing is that Austin is much, much better than Houston or San
Antonio. It's drier here (desert microclimate in part, sorta similar to
the rainshadows that occur in Washington) and we're farther away from the
coast.

> One of my favorite things to do when I have out of town guests is to walk
> outside carrying a spray can of crisco, a dozen eggs and some sausage
> links.

The tourists here walk around at noon and take pictures in August. The
locals stay indoors planted in front of the A/C vents ;) One thing I have
yet to experience is getting out in the daytime enough here to make me tan
:) S'why I love 24-hr grocery stores.

> I then proceed to go out to my driveway, crisco a nice 10x10 inch square
> and drop some eggs and links.  Cooks in minutes.  No sheat.

I've always wondered if that works.

--a