[geeks] just for you guys....

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Mon Apr 15 10:02:27 CDT 2002

On Sunday, April 14, 2002, at 11:09 , Bjorn Ramqvist wrote:

> I'd agree to some part of that. The thing I can't really understand is
> what the book, "Mein Kampf", had to to with the genocide. OK, it was
> written by the same man that led his troops to do one of historys most
> inhumane thing ever, but because of a book?

Not just because of a book, but of because of the ideals expressed in
the book.  I was attempting to provide perhaps an overly-simplistic
example of the power of the printed word, and how any media can be used
as a tool for both positive and negative ends.

The power of propaganda is amazing.  What I'm trying to get across is
that you cannot discount the power of *any* media, and the idea that
"it's only electrons on a disk" is a pure fallacy.

-Pete