[geeks] e.e. smith "lensman" series

Sven-Olof Johansson so at mkv.mh.se
Mon Apr 15 02:42:06 CDT 2002

On Monday, April 15, 2002, at 06:41 AM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Anybody read these?  I never have, and am trying to find a cheap place
> get them other than $12/each from Amazon.

I read them about a month ago. The story is a little bit too much "Good
guys wear white (gray), never hesitates about anything except when they
fall in love, and always finds a way to pull a rabbit out of a hat. Bad
guys are ugly, cunning, kicks small kittens just for the fun of it, and
wants to take over the universe(s)."
But otherwise it's a good story, and well worth reading if you like
older S.F. Just like Eric Dittman, I used a gnutella client to find the
books.

/Sven-Olof

--
"I never know," Harry called to Hagrid over the noise of the cart,
"what's the difference between a stalagmite and a stalactite?"