[geeks] Ah, Sunday.

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Sun Apr 14 12:55:15 CDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 12:51:27PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> You know, I whine an awful lot about living in the country.  The quality
> of the utilities leaves much to be desired; decent Internet access is
> unobtanium; and if you run out of rice after about 8pm, you're looking at
> a 20 minute drive (one-way) to get more.

i'm lucky in the fact that i'm in the country, yet there is a large grocery
store that is 24-hours only 5 minutes away.  best of both worlds.  but yeah,
i would have loved to gotten DSL.  SO much cheaper than a T1.

> But, when you get up early, and bike through the countryside for well over
> an hour with the wind in your face, and the smell of fresh clover in your
> nose, and you come home to a glass of chilled[1] tea, a cold shower, and
> Thomas Dolby music blaring in the workroom, you realize it's worth it.

there is no other place i'd rather live.  i lived in the city for the last
two years (for the first time in my life) and i hated it.

> [1] Not iced, dammit.  I hate watered-down tea.

Amen.

-brian
--
"Today, put your best foot forward. If you're not sure which of your feet is
 your best foot, cut one off. Then it doesn't matter."   - www.lowbrow.com -