[geeks] galeon Doesn't Suck that much....

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Sun Apr 14 12:23:50 CDT 2002

[ On Saturday, April 13, 2002 at 13:17:06 (-0500), Jonathan C. Patschke wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] galeon Doesn't Suck that much....
>
> GTK is fine; in fact, from playing with it over the last few hours, I've
> come to like it.  GNOME is bloated and suffering from featuritis.

All GUIs come to be bloated with featuritis -- users demand it.  It
seems there are relatively few people who can actually use a minimal GUI
environment without wanting more, and every time you think you've got a
minimal GUI that you can use someone will come along and tell you how
bloated and over-featured it is!  :-)

> But, I hadn't realized the difference was that large.  Does Galeon load
> another instance of itself for each window?

No it doesn't.  Unfortunately some of the UI features are not properly
separated across windows (eg. the mangifier widget can affect other
windows sometimes, probably because of some deeper problem within the
Gecko part).  I would suspect that not so many people use separate
windows though, with the excellent built-in handling of tabs for
separate pages.

--
								Greg A. Woods