[geeks] galeon Doesn't Suck that much....

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Apr 13 17:05:59 CDT 2002

> > For one, GNOME is far from evil -- it's much better written than
> > anything in KDE, and much smaller too.  Casual observation suggests
> > GNOME+GTK is one of the best free GUI application development
> > environments around on any system these days.
>
>   Yeah, GNOME is wonderful if you're running Linux (or maybe BSD) on a
> PeeCee.  Otherwise, just TRY to get it built.  I dare you.  To be any
> less portable it'd have to be written in C++!

GNOME is *extremely* evil on anything but Linux and *BSD.  On
Solaris/Sparc and Irix/MIPS, it is *extremely* evil - and requires sooo
much shit.  If you don't have at least a 9GB drive, by the time you have
GNOME and all it's dependencies, as well as some apps that use it (xmms
comes to mind), you'll barely have enough room left for a respectable
amount of user storage.

GNOME is evil.  No doubt about it...
--
Kurt