[geeks] just for you guys....

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Sat Apr 13 13:52:54 CDT 2002

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Dave McGuire wrote:

> On April 13, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > > Friend of mine sent me this:
> > > http://www.btinternet.com/~b3ta/femaleorshemale/#
> > > How did YOU score?
> >
> > I've been thorougly chastized, and yes, I should not have sent the
> > link.  i apologize to anybody whom I might have offended; if so, email
> > me and I'll apologize personally.
> > I was not yet awake and still in a redneck frame of mind when I sent
> > it, and should have thought better about doing so.
> > Again, my apologies.  As Amy already pointed out, I'm not one in a position
> > to criticize or make fun of others.
>
>   Am I dreaming?  When did this list become politically correct?
>   This can't be happening.  I'm dreaming.

dave, i respect you when it comes to computers but you haven't got the
people-sense that god gave a rock. thus said, i'm going to tell exactly
why he made an about face and why i'm infuriated as all hell that it was
posted to begin with.

more than once i've been called sir to my face. maybe it's the height,
the ballcaps, the short hair, the habit i have of wearing my husband's
clothing. maybe it's because some men are so blind that they somehow MISS
a pair of DD's staring them straight in the face or a two carat diamond
on my hand. I dunno. i figure people are just fucking ignorant and stupid
sometimes.

irregardless, i can tell you right now that when something like this
happens, when people poke fun or even mistakenly do this, it hurts
more than you could ever imagine. it insults everything you are. imagine
for a second that you were eating out at a nice restaraunt with your
girlfriend/wife and the waiter continually called you ma'am. god knows you've
got the long hair and man-boobs to provoke it. (there, how's that for
pulling no punches)

not once, not twice, but five times in a row until you corrected him and
he never bothers to say sorry.

would you really think it was fucking funny? let me guess. you'd laugh it
off to your pals, but it's humiliating all the same, especially when
you're alone and wondering how people could be so cruel.

bill once saw me burst into tears at dinner because something like this
happened. i almost never cry until i am so hurt that i am beyond anger.
all i had to do to make bill realize he was wrong was to remind him how he
felt (killing rage) and how i felt (couldnt finish dinner i was so
miserable) that night at dinner when that dumbass waiter made his
mistake one too many times. i also asked bill, 'hey honey, how would you
like it if my picture was up on that site..god knows enough people have
called me 'sir' to warrant it'.

it shut him the fuck up, quickly.

--a