[geeks] Web Browsers that Don't Suck

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Sat Apr 13 13:29:34 CDT 2002

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 01:26:38PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> [1] And newsreader, and MUA, but I -don't- think they should all be the
>     same monster program (a la Netscape Communicator)

newsreaders and MUAs shouldn't even be graphically able.  they shouldn't have
the ability to render HTML.  they should just be able to show TEXT and nothing
else.

on that note, mutt and slrn get my vote for my favorite of both those categories

i just wish mutt wouldn't "do the right thing" and i could set it up to connect
to a certain machine to send mail through instead of the local copy of sendmail.
maybe it's not right, but i NEED to be able to do that from work.

-brian
--
"Today, put your best foot forward. If you're not sure which of your feet is
 your best foot, cut one off. Then it doesn't matter."   - www.lowbrow.com -