[geeks] Web Browsers that Don't Suck

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Apr 12 14:47:55 CDT 2002

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, David Cantrell wrote:

> Omniweb for OS X.  Unfortunately, it's OS X only.

I haven't played with it, but I watched someone else using.  I was
impressed, as it looks fairly lightweight and swift.  But, yeah, it's a
Cocoa app.  Although, it -used- to run on Openstep, so it would probably
run in GNUstep, if they source were available.

> > Netscape 4.79 has annoying bug under IRIX where if you click "Back" too
> > many times, the browser will refuse to load any pages, and will stay
>
> I run into something similar occasionally with 4.77 on Linux.  And 4.something
> on Solaris dumps core far too often for my tastes.

That's pretty-much 4.anything, from my experience of Nutscrape on Solaris.
It seems to run more reliably on a sun4u than on a sun4m, though, although
that doesn't make any sense, as I've never seen a 64-bit Netscape build.

--Jonathan