[geeks] Web Browsers that Don't Suck

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Apr 12 14:35:54 CDT 2002

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 02:19:00PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> Are there any web browsers[1] that suck substantially less than the rest?

Omniweb for OS X.  Unfortunately, it's OS X only.

> Netscape 4.79 has annoying bug under IRIX where if you click "Back" too
> many times, the browser will refuse to load any pages, and will stay
> resident in memory until kill-9ed, even if all the windows are closed.  I
> bump into this daily, sometimes hourly--if I'm browing a lot of technical
> documentation.

I run into something similar occasionally with 4.77 on Linux.  And 4.something
on Solaris dumps core far too often for my tastes.

--
Grand Inquisitor Reverend David Cantrell | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  When a woman has a man on a string, controlling his every thought
  and motion, backbone in said man is not a requirement.
      -- Ken, in alt.2eggs.sausage.beans.tomatoes.2toast.largetea.cheerslove