[geeks] Web Browsers that Don't Suck

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Apr 12 14:39:52 CDT 2002

On April 12, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> I suspect your best results would come from either fixing KDE or figuring out

  I love KDE, and I really wanted 2.x under IRIX.  I worked and worked
and worked on it, and eventually gave up.  More code from people
trying to impress each other by being "clever".  Very
portable...Builds fine on any UNIX system, as long as it's Linux on an
Intel processor.  Kids.

> how to optimize Mozilla rather than actually starting from scratch.  Someone
> really needs to attack mozilla with a profiler and identify what the darn
> problem is.

  I suspect there's a lot of that going on now, with the big speed
jumps in every release from 0.9.6 up to 0.9.9.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "Hush and eat your vegetables, young lady!"
St. Petersburg, FL                          - Mr. Bill