[geeks] Yuppie Hell

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Apr 12 08:17:52 CDT 2002

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 11:36:38PM +0200, Sven-Olof Johansson wrote:

> When I was younger and quite possibly even more stupid then I am now, I
> bought cheap vodka from the russian boats in the harbor a few times.
> Some of it was o.k, some of it was _really_ bad, but the thing that made
> me boggle was that the standard bottle was 1/2 liter 80 proof and had a
> tear-off cork. When the bottle was open, you just had to drink it all :-)

And that differs from Swedish home-brew how, exactly?

<shudder> I'm remembering the last time I was in Sweden, I went on a crawl
around several bars with my Swedish friend, interleaving whiskies and beers,
then back to his place where we were drinking aquavit and trying to teach
each other drinking songs.  I had to get up early the next morning and get
to the airport.  I *just* managed it, but it was ... messy.

--
Lord Protector David Cantrell     |     http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david