[geeks] Eeeek

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Thu Apr 11 07:12:27 CDT 2002

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 09:38:16PM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> So, what are the equivelent technologies on NetBSD?
LFS, the Log Structured File System. I read a paper about it
some time ago and it sounds interresting. It is not ready for
the Big Show, so don't trust on it.
The other way is the good old FFS with softupdates. More secure
and faster, but needs more RAM. This can be a problem on machines
like the VAX, where some buffers / memory pools have a fixed, small
size... I got lots of crashes wirh softdeps on my VAX. Fortunately
this seams to be gone with the recent ELF snapshot.
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen