[geeks] what is the world coming to...

ftg ftg at canada.com
Thu Apr 11 00:35:59 CDT 2002

> The cops are bastards though -- they have a brand-new four lane stretch
> down at 35 MPH. Must be a major source of revenue for them.

Here in Germany where the is NO SPEED LIMIT (well most of the time)
people do seem to enjoy driving.   The only time that I see a speed
limit is

a) built up areas near houses
b) construction areas
c) a downhill slope or dangerous area
4) an accident  ( some dumb trucker from an unmentioned eastern block
country with 1 break
    and no rubber)

In Canada where I used to live the 65mph speed is too slow.....but works
most of the time
since it is a frozen wasteland most of the year.  But where they have a nice
new 4 lane each way
and the speed is either 1) not posted or 2) 35mph....OOOOOOOOOOOthat really
burns me......

PS: I a lot of parts of europe (except france) it is rare to get pulled over
by an actual COP
instead a little camera takes a picture of you speeding and you get a nice
notice in the mail..with
a fine of course.

Kevin (auto-ba-ha-ha-ha-nn) Lee