[geeks] what is the world coming to...

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Wed Apr 10 14:43:15 CDT 2002

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
>
> > I don't see what is so hard about using a cell phone in a car.  I've never
> > had any trouble, and I don't even bother with those new fangled hands free
> > thingies.
>
> Short answer: "morons"
>
> Long answer:
>   1) Some people simply do not possess the mental bandwidth to be talking
>      on the phone and driving at the same time.  In actuality, these
>      people shouldn't be driving anyway, but "it's a free country".
>      You'll usually see these folks driving in the imaginary "moron" lane
>      somewhere between the two actual "normal" lanes while they're
>      thinking about whether that girl at the Wendy's take-out window was
>      wearing a bra or not.

erg i don't like cellphones..to me they're like little leashes. i figure
if you wanna make or get a phone call, go home and do it in private so i
don't have to hear about little hunter getting her first period while i'm
eating dinner.

i'm in category one, more or less. i was once on the road in louisiana and
got a page from bill. i somehow managed to answer the page but miss my
interchange, so i wound up heading for biloxi instead of birmingham. it
sucked, went an hour down the wrong road before i noticed something was
wrong.

--a