[geeks] what is the world coming to...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Apr 10 10:39:22 CDT 2002

Andrew Weiss wrote:

> Maybe motorcycles should just wait their turn like everyone else if
> they're going to use the same street.  If I had a little narrow car I
> wouldn't be passing everyone else who has to wait in line.  I also hate

The problem is the vulnerability of a motorcycle sitting between two
cars.  All it takes is one clueless soccer-mom talking on the cellphone
and yelling at the kids to end a motorcyclists life when she doesn't
stop in time.

I always felt safer splitting lanes (at low speed) than stopped behind a
car in a traffic jam.  When lane splitting isn't allowed for by traffic
code, I suck it up and take my chances, but I always move to the far
left or right of the lane (depending on circumstances).

> it when cars shoot down the shoulders and pass a traffic jam or down the
> open lane and expect to get back in line.  (It's okay if you are getting
> off at a blocked exit and nobody else is.)

That pisses me off to no end...

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com