[geeks] what is the world coming to...

ftg ftg at canada.com
Tue Apr 9 23:41:18 CDT 2002

>   Personally, I lump motorcycle lane splitting squarely in with assholes
> driving [cars] along the shoulder to get ahead in a line of traffic.
> I do everything in my power to stop them, and I nearly always
> succeed...and if I lose a mirror, the motorcyclist will lose his whole
> bike.

In the UK lane splitting is legal....or that is the impression.....it is
very annoying to get your mirror removed
because some nice guy in leather can't wait 3 seconds to get by you.

The funny bit is when UK bikers come to germany and lane split on the
AUTOBAHN
they get a REALLY REALLY HUGE FINE.....or their bike impounded depending
on the mood of the cop and the look of the biker :-)

Kevin
PS: I do drive a motorcycle and I do NOT lane split...I just avoid the
traffic jams......