[geeks] Forte C

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Apr 9 23:32:48 CDT 2002

Are they serious?  Is it really required that I have X11 to install Forte C?
See the messages after my sig for where I got that idea.  Maybe there is
something in the install doc.  Hmm, that too talks about setting xhost and
DISPLAY.  Sigh.  Time to drag the CD-Roms back out I guess.

--
Joshua D. Boyd

bash-2.03# ./installer

 Caution: If you have previously installed an Early Access version of

 Forte Developer 6 update 2 you must uninstall it first before proceeding

 with this installation.

 You cannot install multiple versions of Forte Developer or Sun WorkShop

 software in the same directory. In the Select Install Directory dialog,

 choose a unique directory for Forte Developer 6 update 2 installation.

 Do you want to continue? <y|n>:

ld.so.1: /tmp/.install/JRE/sparc/bin/../bin/sparc/native_threads/jre: fatal: libX11.so.4: open failed: No such file or directory
./installer[279]: 282 Killed
bash-2.03#