[geeks] All this talk about hot women

Bryan Fullerton bjf at samurai.com
Tue Apr 9 20:18:06 CDT 2002

On Tuesday, April 9, 2002, at 07:13 AM, Kenneth Dunn wrote:

> How should I go about attracting a female nerd around 30 (+/- 10
> years) ?
> Like what type of places do they hang out, what do they wear etc... ?
> Need not be a computer geek, a scientist or corporate/legal type would
> be
> good too.

A couple of attached female friends decided last fall that finding a
woman for me would be a fun project. They setup a website with a
profile, a message board for my friends to post stuff, answers to those
stupid online personality tests, etc. I thought it was amusing and
somewhat embarrassing, but figured it was good entertainment. In January
I started talking with someone I'd known online for a while but never
met (and never considered dating) who'd read the site. We met for lunch
and an afternoon of chatting, and have been very happily dating ever
since. [1]

Enlisting attached (or disinterested) female friends to help can be
interesting - if nothing else it'll help you meet people, and if they're
the type you like they're likely to know where others of their kind can
be found. ;)

Bryan

[1] which may contribute to my geeks mailbox regularly accumulating 700+
unread messages... :)