[geeks] what is the world coming to...

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Apr 9 01:35:37 CDT 2002

On April 9, Mike Hebel wrote:
> DM>   http://www.neurotica.com/images/mcboard.jpg
> DM>   http://www.neurotica.com/images/mchead1.jpg
> DM>   http://www.neurotica.com/images/mchead2.jpg
>
> Geez Dave!  I know I'm just a crappy dial-up but what are you running
> this on - something 8-bit at 2khz?
>
> Or are you just "Slashdotted"?

  DEC AlphaStation-255 4/233.  If you're looking at the other content,
it's built with PHPWebSite back-ended with MySQL...I haven't done any
performance optimization on it at all and it's a bit sluggish.  In
addition, my outgoing bandwidth is being hit pretty hard with other
traffic, and the load on my web server just shot through the roof.
How many people are on this list, anyway?

     -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "Anybody who is willing to EAT YOU probably isn't
St. Petersburg, FL         such a good person to be hanging out with." -Sridhar