[geeks] Linux GL note, may be of interest to Andrew

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Mon Apr 8 23:33:38 CDT 2002

On Monday, April 8, 2002, at 08:07 PM, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:

> We have a couple Oxygen GVX1 Pro's here and we were not impressed.
> Everyone
> liked the GeForce2 Ultra better. I actually have one sitting on my desk
> doing nothing.
>
> The main thing was the drivers. We had all kinds of display corruption
> problems. I am pretty sure it was because we were running them on Dual
> Athlon machines ( = via chipset), but we don't have any high end
> machines
> with Intel chipsets.

Yeah... and this stuff would be best for Josh [I gave him all my 24 bit
Nubus frame buffers (did they arrive OK Josh?)] ... all I need is a PC
weenie game card :-)... just don't want to buy too much or too cheap a
card.

I think at Bill's + other's recs I'm going with the GeForce 2MX 200 32
instead of the 400 64 since I will only want decent performance at 640,
800, and 1024, but no higher.  I do want fog, lighting, and all the
whizzbang effects, however... i.e. don't want to uncheck everything in
the details menu :-).

Andrew

Thanks, anyhow