[geeks] Now what am I supposed to do with this?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Apr 8 13:10:04 CDT 2002

Hrmmm.

My IBM DeathStar 75 hard drive died on me a while back, and the Airborne
Express guy just dropped off my replacement drive.  While the drive has
been gone, my PC has been sitting around dead, and I've finalized leaving
my previous job, which means I have an Ultra 10 and an Octane here.

Aside from playing games and vegging with the TV tuner card, I really
don't miss the PC.  I do all my word-processing in XEmacs/LaTeX and all my
coding against MIPSpro or gcc.

I think my PC just became obsolete.  This sort-of bothers me, and I don't
know why.

BTW:  What's the voodoo to convince a beta-build of XEmacs that I -really-
      don't want runtime error-checking or any of that other slowdown
      crap?

--Jonathan