[geeks] Whiz Kids (TV show?)

Ethan telmnstr at 757.org
Mon Apr 8 23:04:11 CDT 2002

> Ethan -
>
> I looked about 5 years ago for the same episodes.  I remember the plot to
> several quite vividly because it was my favorite show when I was a pre-teen
> (yes, I'm dating myself here).  Do you remember the one episode where ritchie
> is unseen throughout most of the episode... working on some strange
> mysterious project - and you find out in the end he was working on a way to
> step at just the right place in his kitchen to open his refrigerator door by
> air pressure or some such sheat?  I laughed my a$$ of even then (and I was
> 13).
>
> If you find them, please share - I will donate web storage space.

The only episode I remember well is the one where some bank robbers nab
the white hat hackers and try to force them to write black hat
sploitz... but instead, ritchie codes the hack so that the alarm triggers
like 30 seconds after the alarm is tripped (it delays the actual output
operation of the computer controller alarm system 30 seconds). Ritchie and
the girl run for safety.

Then there was some episode with a Hero Jr. robot, supposidly Ritchie's
dad sent it to them.

And I remember a scene where Ritchie was trying to type fast on a Timex
Sinclair.

I was 8 in '83. And jealous that no one else had an Atari 800xl. The all
had other computers, just like in the real world.

				-- Ethan