[geeks] Now what am I supposed to do with this?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Apr 8 13:45:16 CDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 01:30:15PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> I keep trying, but I keep coming back for the games.  How much damned CPU
> do I need to emulate an SNES?  snes9x -kills- the Octane.

That's odd.  It runs beautifully on a P2-350.  But then, the CPU is hand
optimized in assembly for intell, but is just generic C code for other
platforms to my understanding.  Do you have TRAM?  If so, the OpenGL version
of snes9x should run a bit better by removing the graphics load form the
CPU.

And, you could always profile and optimize it yourself.

--
Joshua D. Boyd