[geeks] what is the world coming to...

William S. wstan at xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 8 13:40:55 CDT 2002

Recently I have gotten back to the gym. Today was my
second day. I spent an hour and a half there and
feel pretty good now. I hope to be able to visit the
gym 3-4 times a week. In addition to the weight
training (mostly free weights) I do stretching.
Amazing what stretching does to relieve pain such
as in the lower back which I frequently get after
standing for long periods of time.

Since April First, I have given up sugar (in coffee
as well as a component of food) and bread and Amstel
Malt (alcohol free beer). No candy nor cookies either.
I have just been eating fruit, drinking water, and
choosing my meals carefully. I am not too overweight
(175 lbs at 5'11") but just doing this for health
reasons so I make it through my post 46 years without
many problems.

Here is a link to a site that some of you may find
interesting in view of previous postings about diet.

http://www.dolfzine.com/page159.htm

I am also a member of a pretty informative mailing
list about exercise.

I guess the warm temperatures and sun have given me a
real motivation to take care of myself. Anyone else
getting a boost by the nice weather?

--
Bill
Amsterdam, NL