[geeks] Recommendations?

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Mon Apr 8 06:48:02 CDT 2002

Dave McGuire wrote:

> "GUIs are meant to be used with mice.  Of course some people think
> it's 'cool' to badmouth mice and use the keyboard for EVERYTHING even
> if it takes them twice as long, and this pisses the machine off."

And some of us don't use the mouse because it hurts. I don't use the
mouse very much at all for day-to-day normal stuff. The only keyboard
shortcut I'm missing is "Delete" in Netscape mail on MacOS 9.1. There
isn't one, and I don't know yet how to create such a thing, but if
there's a way I'll find it. Applescript or a Function key, probably.

Solaris with CDE I barely, if ever, use the mouse for anything. Linux
w/KDE, needs absolutely no mouse 'till I break out the Gimp or somesuch.

But MacOS makes me use a mouse. Fooey. Other than that, i like it a lot.
Get your Mac killer guy to send me a list of shortcuts, wood'ja?

---sambo