[geeks] Recommendations?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Apr 8 00:40:26 CDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 01:35:56AM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> But anyway, I take it your first camera was a firewire one?  I don't own
> any decent video equipment at the moment, but I'm attempting to put together
> a Y/C system since firewire is too expensive.  Initially, I want a unix
> workstation to talk to the video equipment, and a camera.  Hopefully shortly
> followed by a nice pair of VCRs (Hi8, SVHS), and a nice video monitor (Sony
> 13" displays seem semi affordable).

Actually, I've just got a dual-deck (MiniDV and SVHS) VCR with FireWire, a
JVC SR-VS20U:

http://images.sunhelp.org/mac/tn/macvid1.jpg.html

That silver cable on the bottom LH corner of the deck is the Firewire
cable, which goes back to the Mac:

http://images.sunhelp.org/mac/

The setup looks a bit different now, with the two external Firewire to
IDE enclosures, and the flatpanel:

http://www.machelp.org/images/flatmac/

Bill

--