[geeks] perlish disgruntlement, java considered, sun hardware sought

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Apr 7 20:18:38 CDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 09:14:50PM -0400, alex j avriette wrote:
> yep. thats when i tell $boss, "well, im sorry, it wont get done. there's
> nothing i can do about that."

Must be nice to be able to tell the boss, effectively, "no, I wont do that".
When $boss says "I need it by five pm", I make damn sure I have something
"on his desk" by five PM, or have a DAMN GOOD excuse for why its not done.
"Oh, I wanted to write nice finely-tuned pretty scripts/code" is NOT an
acceptable excuse - if its quick, dirty, and does the job, its good enough
for right then.  You can make it pretty/efficient *later*, when in a time
crunch.

> sounds to me like you hate web. join the club.

Nah, I like web, I hate people who think Java is the be-all-end-all of
programming languages.

> hey where's my 1 and 2 footnote?

See other email. 8-)

Bill