[geeks] perlish disgruntlement, java considered, sun hardware sought

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Apr 7 19:18:02 CDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 08:14:25PM -0400, alex j avriette wrote:
> i'm getting real sick of
> slogging through other peoples' code when i download a utility to, say,
> parse my snort logs. im also finding that php seems to be far better as
> a web-based scripting language (although i personally find it hideous).

The problem with Perl is the people who use the "compress 10 lines of code
 down into 3 lines of line noise" theory.  It makes it hard as fuck to
 read other people's code when they do this and you're just learning.

PHP is great for web stuff; I got the new ORA "Programming PHP" book and
it ROCKS.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford