[geeks] Another new hardware aquisition :)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Apr 7 00:14:30 CST 2002

I came into this quite by accident.  I'm nearing the end of the kitchen
remodeling project, and it was time to find some containers and
cannisters to decorate the counters.  Off to Kitchens Etc we go...

I go there with only one *real* goal - to find something to hold the
kosher salt.  I'm currently using a mini Country Crock container, and
that ain't cutting it.  I really wanted an Alton Brown official Sodium
Chloride Containment Unit - but I'm sure we all know the story behind
those.

At any rate, I'v just picked up a crock for holding cooking utensils,
when I look up and see something called "Cheese Bowl", it looks familiar
so I pick it up.  I'll be damned, this looks to me like an
honest-to-goodness AB Salt Cellar!  Even if it ain't, it's close enough
to make me buy it and take it home.  If nothing else, it'll do a damn
fine job of holding salt...

The pic of mine (on top of the new counters I built and installed) is
here:
http://www.k-huhn.com/images/saltcellar.jpg

The original Alton Brown Salt Cellar is here:
http://www.altonbrown.com/shopgifs/cellar_lg.jpg

Mine has the addition of a notch at the front of the lid to accomodate a
small spoon that came with it (though I won't be using it) no doubt to
use as a scoop for grated Parmesan or Romano cheese.

My price?  12.99 + tax.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com