[geeks] What do you think of

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Sat Apr 6 20:20:53 CST 2002

On Sat, 2002-04-06 at 16:30, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> 3Com SuperStack II Switch 3000
>
> At lot of these things are hitting ebay really cheaply (like <$50 it
> appears), and I'm wondering if it is time to start upgrading.

Upgrading?  They're 100MBit only, all of the ones that I've seen are
8-port.  They're huge, 1.5U in a 19" rack.  They're nice enough to work
with, (telnet to the management interface, or standard dumb terminal)
but not terribly great.  I got my 8-port 10/100 ethernet bridge (erm,
switch, in marketing speak) for $75 about 2.5 or 3 years ago, new.  It's
not managed, but it's pretty small.  I'm sure there are comparable deals
out there now.
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.