[geeks] What do you think of

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sat Apr 6 18:30:17 CST 2002

3Com SuperStack II Switch 3000

At lot of these things are hitting ebay really cheaply (like <$50 it
appears), and I'm wondering if it is time to start upgrading.

One thing, they don't say anything about autosensing 10/100.  Is this a
problem if I'm trying to connect it via crossover to a 10mbit switch?

If I really had to, I could a cheap 10/100 hub to go inbetween them.

I hadn't been planning to make such a move, but as I commented before, I have
minimal hard drive space in any of my workstations, leaving all files on the
file server, so upgrading the link between at least my main workstation and
the file server would be a major time saver.  I had be planning to put off
such an upgrade till I could do FDDI for both, but that is still pretty
expensive.

--
Joshua D. Boyd