[geeks] Tax Weirdness

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Fri Apr 5 14:26:43 CST 2002

[ On Friday, April 5, 2002 at 13:37:20 (-0600), Jonathan C. Patschke wrote: ]
> Subject: [geeks] Tax Weirdness
>
> I honestly never thought that the IRS would admit to an error in their
> favor.  I'd probably have never caught it.

Revenue Canada is pretty good about giving bigger refunds if you make an
error.  Of course they're equally good at asking for more money if you
make an error too.  They only get really mad if you fail to report
income completely.  In the years since I was first employed they've
always mailed out an "assessment" which will either agree with what was
submitted, or disagree and include corrections.  Of course here you can
always file corrections for several years afterwards too -- and they
expect you to file corrections against your favour just as much as they
expect you to file them in your favour!  ;-)

--
								Greg A. Woods