[geeks] New hardware aquisition...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Apr 5 09:37:20 CST 2002

> Ah ha, I wondered if there was some squirrel motivation involved in this
> acquistion...My wife too has been far to bothered by squirrels this year to
> maintain a happy marriage at home without some sort of firearm acquisition
> soon :)

Those things are horrible.  Flowers, bulbs, grass, mulch, etc - it all
gets destroyed by these squirrels.  Since we had an incredibly mild
winter her in RI (I wore my heavy winter coat *once*) it's gotten
worse.  Animal control has already started warning us about the skunk,
possum, and raccoon populations balloning out of control.  They don't
want anyone to do anything, just live with it - if you must do
something, set Have-A-Hart traps.  To hell with that!  It's time to take
matters into my own hands!

> Seriously, since Matt's my friendly neighborhood gun nut (and a hell of a
> network admin), he's been working on setting me up for *discreet* squirrel
> removal (I live in paranoid suburbia here...).  Last suggestion I heard from
> him was something regarding a .22 and plastic rounds that are supposed to be
> quieter than an pellet rifle...

Haven't heard of those.  There is a *lot* of .22 pellet guns for under
$200, and they're extremely quiet.  My .177 is damn near silent.  Since
discharging a firearm within city limnits is illegal here, I had no
choice but to go with a pellet gun.  Naturally I went with the
hi-powered version though...

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com