[geeks] New hardware aquisition...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Apr 5 02:01:33 CST 2002

> > independent or creative thought.  Am I the only one that thinks billing
> > customers 3 months in advance for services, than calling unpaid balances
> > (of that pre-billed amount) past due, then refusing to let you remove
> > equipment because your account is "overdue" just fucking beyond all
> > realms of common sense?
>
> wtf dude.  most places do NET30, and i think half.com's Level3 bill was
> somewhere around 3-4 mounths past due, and they never hassled us. :)

That's what I told them.  But this numbskull kept saying "the contract
says we bill in advance" and "when you signed the agreement, you knew we
did this".  Well, *I* didn't sign the agreement, thankfully this
particular FUBAR is not my fault.  All I really wanted when I called was
to renogiate our monthly charges, as we have 2Mbit, and we're not using
anywhere near that.

> > For this, and a multitude of other idiocy on their part, I'm pulling my
> > account from Exodus.  They can figure out what to do with the NetApp,
> > the F5s, and a couple racks of commoddity PeeCee crap.  I wanted to move
> > to v100 servers anyways.  Fuck 'em.
>
> where.  i'll go get them.  :)

BOS-1 in Waltham, MA.  If I can't get any of them out of there, you're
welcome to them.  It's the cage in the middle of the floor, surrounded
by dozens of EMPTY CAGES!  Like mine soon will be.  On second thought,
buy me a couple TRAMS and you can have it all (I'm only half joking :)

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com