[geeks] changing domain registrars

Shawn Wallbridge swallbridge at franticfilms.com
Thu Apr 4 01:19:42 CST 2002

> I need to move my domain from the evil crooks at Netsol to another
> registrar, I will most likely go with Godaddy.
>
> How to do this without too much headache? (or am I stuck with the
> vermin at netsol?)
>
> Mike N

When I had to move some domains from Netsol to Joker, it was fairly simple.

Once I filled out the webform, Joker sent me a pdf that I had to print,
sign and fax back to them. A couple days later I got an email from Netsol
asking if I was sure. I responded yes, and it was done. The worst part of
the process was trying to figure out how to get our fax machine to send to
a different country code.

Now the domain that I had registered with an email address at a company
that no longer existed was a little more complicated. I ended up letting
the domain expire and then re-register it.

shawn