[geeks] IRIX, Passwords over 8 char?

Mike Hebel nimitz at owc.net
Thu Apr 4 01:07:53 CST 2002

BH> On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 02:11:02AM -0500, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
>>
>> Bitch, bitch, bitch...... Sheesh :) I really dislike that too. I use longer
>> than 8 passwords for many things.

Current scheme is about 12 characters for most things except one $visa
company that won't allow more than eight.  My e-mail drive is
encrypted with one more than 20 long. ;-)

BH> current password scheme is 13 characters.  upper case, lower case, numbers and
BH> non-alpha chars.  no unprintables though, got burned by a poorly designed
BH> terminal years ago that wouldn't pass unprintables right and i couldn't log
BH> in from half the terminals in the building. :)

Similar problem when I had my 68HC11 board setup - I couldn't run it
from my old Heathkit 9 terminal.  (Man that thing put out a whine that
could curdle milk two houses away!)

Mike Hebel                        mailto:nimitz at owc.net