[geeks] IRIX, Passwords over 8 char?

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Thu Apr 4 00:56:08 CST 2002

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 02:11:02AM -0500, Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> Bitch, bitch, bitch...... Sheesh :) I really dislike that too. I use longer
> than 8 passwords for many things.

current password scheme is 13 characters.  upper case, lower case, numbers and
non-alpha chars.  no unprintables though, got burned by a poorly designed
terminal years ago that wouldn't pass unprintables right and i couldn't log
in from half the terminals in the building. :)

-brian
--
"Oh, shut up Buddha."  -Jesus Christ (South Park)