[geeks] Was: [rescue] damn you bill, now i'm a lowbrow fantoo

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Apr 3 23:14:24 CST 2002

> I dont care for Glocks either, mostly because I prefer the option to cary
> condition one , and prefer single or single/double action automatics in

Same here - I've always prefered the "cocked and locked" carry method
with 1911s.  That and I prefer single action - much better feedback/feel
from the weapon.

> advised that they needed to more rigorously enforce their trademarks or they
> mayt lose the right to do so.

Funny thing was, this was a licensed product.  Just some
overly-ambitious lawyer at some law firm retained by Glock to troll eBay
fund my auction and made eBay stop it - no questions asked...

> Oh and I wear a size 13 ring, and 3 or 4 xl gloves, so single or double
> stack they're all relativley small in my hand. The only handgun I've ever

Dang, makes my hand sound like midget's - size 9 ring, and a men's
medium or large (depending on manufacturer) glove.  My hands are wide
and thick, not long.  Since my fingers are short and stubby, a
single-stack is the only way for me.  I've tried a double-stack
(Springfield Armory) and it was just to wide.  Not comfy at all...

> My only personal firearm at this point is a stainless wilson combat 1911
> with full length guide rod,shock-buff, extended beavertail with memory
<impressive list of mods snipped>

Quite nice.  My only handgun at this point is a Cabellas Millenium .45
black powder cartridge revolver.  I use normal factory loads, as this is
not a long distance or target weapon by any stretch - only for keeping
the lowlifes out of my house...

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com