[geeks] Netra X1

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Apr 3 16:17:05 CST 2002

On April 4, Scott Howard wrote:
> > I needed a box to do a single purpose MySQL database.  (looking up
> > zip+4 from address).  Needed it on the cheap and so we bought an X1.
> > I must say *DAMN* that thing is nice.  The IDE performance issues
> > that the U5/10 had are non existant.  I was expecting something quick
> > and dirty, but I'm impressed.  These things *STOMP* the entry level
> > Dell boxes we have.  Does anybody know how well these are selling?
>
> The X1's are probably going to be discontinued RSN - they are being
> repleaced by the V100's - http://www.sun.com/servers/entry/v100/

  Yeah, after all, it's been out a whole WEEK now. (exaggeration of course)
I hate suits...and as cool as Sun is, they've got plenty of 'em.

> Basically the same machine, only in a deeper box (19" v's 13"), with
> a CD-ROM and a few bits of software included, and at the same price.

  That's kinda cool.  It's good that they're doing it at the same
price.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "I thought it would go quickly,
St. Petersburg, FL                 that rubberized bottom..." -Sridhar