[geeks] Was: [rescue] Collector stages (was: Linux Luserisms (was: secondary market storage?) )

Steven Hill sjh at matrix.net
Wed Apr 3 15:41:24 CST 2002

> They sell domiciles w/o 220V power?  How do they pull that off?  Also, I was
> under the impression that in most areas, it wasn't hard to get your main feeds
> upgraded.

A friend of mine in Scotland has 3 phase (415V) in his flat. (Probably
at 100A per phase. It used to house a small printing press and office
before he converted it.)

My flat only has 240V @ 60A, but I could run the other two phases from
the stair wiring :-) (Don't tell Scottish Power!)

I am soo jealous. He bought his place just before I got mine...

Being ground level, and having a basement means I might be able to put
some big iron in there if (when) I move back home... My 4th floor
(That's 5th to all y'all) is a strain with small machines... (4/330
included)

wibble.

S.

--