[geeks] a warning to the self assured

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Tue Apr 2 16:56:18 CST 2002

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 09:13:08AM -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> FWIW, I'm currently writing some accounting software.  It started out as a
> checkbook/finance manager (since no -good- such software exists for free
> on Unix that doesn't require GNOME[1]) but developed[2] into a multi-server
> generalized transaction system with double-entry accounting and inventory
> management written on top. :)  The accounting software probably won't
> interest too many folks on here, but the transaction system is completely
> generic and would probably make a decent, if limited distributed computing
> platform.

if it can be made so that it is useful for both business and personal finances
(i have no use for business, for example) and will have a companion PalmOS
app that i can run on my handspring, it would RULE.  Quicken does this, but
i don't run windows, i need a unix version.

!!!

-brian
--
"Oh, shut up Buddha."  -Jesus Christ (South Park)