[geeks] a warning to the self assured

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Tue Apr 2 13:09:05 CST 2002

> On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, alex j avriette wrote:
>

>> i realize, looking at my statement, that there is no way i can prove i
>> paid these damn comcast people without paying significant bank
>> charges -
>> $X per copy-of-check and $Y per copy-of-statement. plus time and hassle
>> when my account is overdue and im applying for a damn DoD clearance (so
>> I cant afford any "black marks" right now!).

If you access things online, look for all the important transaction
numbers and other specifics of the transaction.  Give it to Comcast and
tell them to go find the payment.  It worked on MediaOne... I think
Cable companies are always losing payments from time to time.  It
usually takes them about two days or less to find a payment, but they
will usually accept your word in the meantime... (well unless they are
shitheads... I've never dealt with Comcast).

Andrew