Brian Hechinger's "low end" (was: Re: [geeks] NAT and Filtering on Solaris)

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Tue Apr 2 10:46:42 CST 2002

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> You need a power adaptor for a 5x0 powerbook?

Nope. I've got one of those. =] But my Powerbook is a 68LC040, not a
PowerPC. And 4 MB of RAM to boot.

> U10 = crap.  Cheap tower, IDE instead of SCSI, pain in the ass to
> service.

Really? I did not know that. They had a lab full of these at $SCHOOL. What
gets me the most about any Sun machine is that I don't get a drive LED.
I've become accustomed to watching the machine work.