[geeks] Cats and pills

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 29 11:53:17 CST 2001

Andrew Weiss wrote:

> > Our dogs'll eat anything. 'Cept the cocker spaniel won't touch raw eggs,
> > while the boxer devours them. She loves broccolli for some reason.
>
> You have a boxer?.... Kickin... I lost ours on my birthday 2 years ago...

Condolences. My Australian Shepherd died just over a year ago. That's
when my wife got these two.

> come back since its last removal.  I'm sure broccolli isn't good for her
> gas problem.

I screwed up my sentence structure. The cocker spaniel is the female
(and dominant of the two). She's the one who likes broccolli. She likes
anything but raw eggs, actually.

> We found we had to feed ours lamb and rice food in order to
> cut down on her "bad breath at both ends".

They're both pretty stinky. Doesn't seem to matter what they eat. I have
taken to brushing their teeth, which helps quite a lot. mmmm, liver
flavored toothpaste...

> Brindle or Fawn?

Non-standard white, actually. They're usually put down at birth, but
this one was apparently "rescued" by someone, who then proceeded to
abuse him horribly. Judging by the average boxer owner in my neck of the
woods, I'd guess he was intended (by the "rescuer") to be a fighting
dog, but he's got no fight in him. Don't know if that's the result of or
the reason for his former abuse. My wife found him sitting on our front
lawn one day and invited him in (literally, she told me she opened the
front door and asked "do you want to come in?" and in he came, and
stayed). Thin as a rail, and with sores all over his back, we took him
to the vet, who id'd him as a pure-bred but non-standard boxer, gave him
his shots and a prescription for anti-biotics. He's been with us about a
year now, and is the most timid, yet incredibly insolent beast I've ever
had the misfortune to encounter. We have a waterbed, which he loves to
sleep on. He knows quite well that I don't want his anus on my pillows,
and if he hears me coming will scamper off the bed like lightning. But
then he just stands there waiting for me to leave the room so he can get
back on the bed. makes me madder than hell.

  Ours was flashy fawn... our last one... we had two
> brindles before both male... (male dogs bolt when you open the door and
> chew their beds to pieces...so I prefer female dogs now)

heh. Buddy goes over the fence all the time, but then comes around to
the front door and knocks (really, you know how boxers do the paw
thing... he knocks on the door to be let in). He doesn't really chew
things up so much, but if he can get to them he lo-o-o-oves poopy
diapers. Ewww.

---sambo